Black History Museum
THE VIRTUAL MUSEUM SITE WILL CONSIST OF:
Six (6) Exhibits of Time in Black history:
1) “Mother Africa”: The evolution of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math; history and demographics of Africa B.C., all the way up to and including the slave trade, the economics of human trafficking and the destination of the slaves;
2) “The Transition”: The journey of no return;
3) “Establishment of Slavery in America”: An illustration of Slavery up through the reconstruction period in America and the STEM contributions of Black Americans despite their plight, including the Civil War;
4) “Freedom Not Realized”: Teaching people the STEM contributions of Black Americans during this period in history and the transition from reconstruction up to the Civil Rights Era;
5) “The Civil Rights Era to the 21st Century”: Teaching the public about the STEM contributions of Black Americans who started Silicon Valley, up to the inauguration of a Black President; and
6) “The Black Legends Hall of Fame – Silicon Val- ley”: A permanent recognition of Silicon Valley Black Legends, living or deceased, who made significant contributions in science, technology, engineering, math and more that improved the quality of life of people in Silicon Valley and throughout the world.
In addition, the physical museum will include all of the above and:
- A 300-Seat Theater for seminars or events;
- Conference Rooms for interactive workshops;
- An Administration & Operations Office; and
- Retail space to sell and purchase souvenirs
Building the San Jose Black History Museum Silicon Valley Brick by Brick. You, your family, your company, and your organization can be a builder of the museum. You will be forever remembered as a supporter of the San Jose Black History Museum Silicon Valley construction and development. By having your name or your family name engraved on one of the bricks or one of the cornerstones, visitors to the museum will be able to see and know you were a supporter from the beginning. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
- $100 – Individual/Personal
- $250 – Non-Profit 501(c)(3) Organization
- $500 – Small/Medium Business
- $1,000 – Corporate
Brick Sponsor will receive:
One brick with his/her name engraved on it placed in the San Jose Black History Museum Silicon Valley Recognition as a Brick by Brick Building Partner in the Souvenir Booklet
$5,000 – Sponsorship
Cornerstone Sponsor will receive:
- One Cornerstone with its name engraved on it placed in the San Jose Black History Museum Silicon Valley
- Recognition as a Brick by Brick Cornerstone Building Partner in the Souvenir Booklet
You can purchase your brick or cornerstone By linking here to our donation page.
Let’s build a museum. Let’s be the foundation for the museum. Be a change agent for the future.